By understanding why humans do the things they do and what drives them to change, we can make the world a better place for all animals
Human Behaviour Change for Animals
We can help you understand human behaviour and apply the principles of behaviour change to your work.
We established HBCA after recognising that insight about how and why people behave the way they do could provide solutions to challenging issues that affect animals. After all, people interact with animals every day – by owning pets or farming animals, or through the choices we make about the food we eat or the clothes we wear.
We combine animal sector expertise with behaviour change theory and practice to offer a unique specialism in animal health, welfare, protection and conservation. We provide bespoke solutions that are innovative, creative and affordable. HBCA is a social enterprise company with a small core team that draws on wide-ranging expertise from academics and practitioners working in several sectors.
- Using Approaches from Social Marketing from an Applied Context - Read more »
- How to Set Up and Run a Focus Group - Read more »
- Introduction to Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation - Read more »
- Practical ways of tackling the obesity challenges in companion animals and equines - Read more »
- Human behaviour change skills for vets, behaviourists and trainers - Read more »
- Thinking strategically and developing a strategy for your organisation - Read more »
- Habits: creating good ones, breaking bad ones as a sustainable answer to animal welfare problems with Jo White - Read more »
- Communication for behaviour change - Read more »
- People and Nature: Human Connectedness to Nature and COVID-19 - Read more »
- Are We Finally Moving on From the ‘White Saviour’ Message as a Tool to Secure Donations? - Read more »
- The Challenge of Addressing Obesity in Horses, Ponies and Donkeys - Read more »
- Pets and Pet Obesity in the UK - Read more »
- Loving Your Pet Through Thick and Thicker - Read more »
- Networking: Easier Said Than Done - Read more »
- The Start of the Journey - Read more »
- Why Are People Struggling to Social Distance? - Read more »
- Exploring the Behaviour of Panic Buying - Read more »